The Women’s Giving Circle is pleased to announce that in 2018, it’s awarding $37,250 in grants. Each grant recipient helps to fulfill the Circle’s mission of supporting women and children in the Eau Claire area. The organizations and programs the Circle has voted to fund are:
- Children’s Museum of Eau Claire–“Eat! Move! Live!”
- Chippewa Valley Free Clinic–“Women’s Health and Sharing Dignity Outreach”
- Eau Claire Area Hmong Mutual Assistance Association–“Ntuj Tshiab Support Group”
- Family Resource Center–“Hand in Hand”
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Northwest District–“Creating Your Next Future Entrepreneur at the Pablo Center”
- Trinity Equestrian Center–“Finding Your Power”
- Western Dairyland Economic Opportunity Council–“Women Helping Women”
A complete history of WGC grants is available on the WGC “History of Grants” page.
The Women’s Giving Circle members pool their charitable dollars into a fund at the Eau Claire Community Foundation in order to maximize their philanthropic impact. The Circle began in 2007, when a group of over 100 Founding Members each pledged a total of $1,000 over 4 years. Today, it has over 280 members, and it continues to grow.
This year’s grant awards bring the Circle’s total grant distributions since inception to $265,203. Grantees will officially receive their awards at the Gift of Giving Breakfast, which will take place at the Florian Gardens at 7:30 am on December 5, 2018.
The Women’s Giving Circle members invite the Eau Claire community to attend this celebration of philanthropy. They also welcome new members; anyone can join the Circle at any time.
You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, click on Gift of Giving Breakfast under our homepage’s Events Tab, or call 715-552-3801 if you’d like to RSVP for the Gift of Giving Breakfast.This entry was posted in News, Women’s Giving Circle and tagged Grants, Women’s Giving Circle. Bookmark the permalink.